Embryo/IVF Lab Technician
Bow Valley Genetics, located near Brooks, Alberta, is seeking an energetic, motivated and career minded Embryo/IVF Lab Technician. Under the direction of the Embryo/IVF Lab Manager the Technician is responsible for the day-to-day tasks of embryo production. Significant travel is required to do on-farm work, primarily in the spring with occasional weekend work.
The Lab Technician will provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines. The Lab Technician will carry out fundamental tasks as part of the Embryo/IVF Lab team.
Job Duties include:
- Preparing environments (labs, barn & mobile) for procedures
- Maintenance and monitoring of equipment/ instruments
- Assist in embryo and oocyte collections, processing, grading and freezing/transfer
- Assist in the IVF lab with fertilization, culture, and freezing/transfer
- Client contact with lab results and packing embryos for implant/transfer
- Inventory and equipment orders
Bow Valley Genetics offers competitive salary, benefits and an incredible work environment.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in joining our team, please send a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those to be interview will be contacted.